Renewable and sustainable energy, by heating water on your roof. We install solar panel heating to your requirements.
South Thames Gas is an approved Worcester Bosch installer of solar systems. Worcester are one of the leading and largest manufacturers of solar flat plate systems and are listed under the ClearSkies Scheme.
The myth about solar energy
Many people are under the common misconception that solar energy can only work in conditions of bright sunshine and high temperatures and is therefore unsuited to the British climate.
Greenskies solar panels operate on the principle of light absorption and are not dependent on high temperature or long spells of unbroken sunshine. A special coating on the absorber ensures that the system is effective even on cloudy days.
The benefits of installing Worcester Greenskies solar water heating
- Sustainable energy – Unlike energy produced by consuming and depleting the earth’s deposits of fossil fuels (gas, oil and coal), solar energy works on the principle of harnessing freely-available radiation from the sun (which is only halfway through its expected 10 billion-year life cycle).
- Environmentally friendly – Unlike fossil fuels, solar energy produces none of the effects of carbon dioxide emissions or other kinds of environmental damage. Furthermore, all materials used in the making of the Greenskies solar panels can be fully recycled.
- Simple, clean, effective technology – They absorb sunlight and convert it into heat, pumped directly into your hot water cylinder. The small amount of electricity used by the pump is your only running cost!
- Proven technology – The solar systems are based on technology that has been working successfully in Europe for more than 20 years.
- Very efficient – Greenskies solar glass has exceptional light-transmission values.
- Suitable for any home – Suitable for installation on sloping and flat roofs.
- Easy to look after – Requires minimal maintenance, simply check the controls and fluid during your annual boiler service.
- Worcester quality – They have all the built-in quality and reliability for which Worcester, part of Bosch group, is renowned.
- Guarantee – Providing installation has been carried out by a Worcester accredited installer, Greenskies panels come with a 5-year warranty and a 2-year warranty on other components.